Grace To You

Grace to you and peace from God our father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Phil 1:2

Friday, March 13, 2015

God's Faithfulness Through Trials

Beloved, if the title to this blog has gotten your attention, you are most likely are going through a difficult time or know someone who is. No matter what you are going through today, I'm posting this to tell you God "wants" to help you.

God is a God of miracles.

When I desperately need a miracle I spend time in His Word to see what He reveals to me about my situation. If He gives me a clear Word about something I stand on it. If I don't get a clear Word, I pray, "Your will be done."

Either way, I know if I keep my trust in Jesus, I will end up with God's very best because I know He is my Shepherd and His word says, "He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7) That's not talking about a sentimental feeling. It means He protects and provides for His people!
 
The Book of Job has been a mainstay for me through many trials. I don't think any human has endured such losses combined with such betrayal by friends and family. It's clear from the beginning of the book that his children perished when the house they were in collapsed on them (so they couldn't support him). But, where was the rest of his family, and where were his friends and close acquaintances throughout his trial? 

During the worst time of his life, the only friends who showed up allowed themselves to be used by the enemy of his soul. Rather than undergirding him, his "miserable comforters" condemned him and tried to straighten him out theologically. He had no human support during his trial. Those he would have expected to help him finally reappeared when the trial had passed. Job's faith amazes me and God's faithfulness encourages me. Job's trial was meant for good! What would we do without that book?
 
Of course, Jesus suffered more betrayal, injustice and affliction than any human could have borne. Passages like Hebrews 12:2-4 come to mind. (NKJV)
 
"looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin."
 
This passage reminds us to consider what Jesus endured on the cross for our eternal salvation. Meditating on what He willingly went through for us will, in time, strengthen our weary hearts and troubled minds. How could it not?
 
The Psalms! What would we do without the Psalms? "Weeping may endure for the night (a period of time) but joy comes in the morning (at last)!" Psalm 30:5  Wait for it, beloved. Wait in hope. God will never fail you.

The Holy Spirit through Paul says, "all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose."   Romans 8:28
 
If the answer to your need seems impossible, remember "with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

No matter what kind of trial you are facing today, I want to encourage you in the Lord. Let me share one more wonderful, faith building passage with you: Psalm 103:1-5. If we would see Him work in our lives we must remember to bless the Lord and meditate on His wonderful benefits!

Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
 
Let's close with prayer.

May our heavenly Father lift up your head.
May He give you peace and comfort your heart.
May He grant you a forgiving spirit.
May He bless you with a wise mind. 
May you experience His unfailing loving kindness.
May He meet your every need and direct your steps.
May He send you human comforters and assistance.
May He restore more than your losses.
May the joy of the Lord be your strength.    
 
May you experience the love of God, the grace of Jesus, and the communion of the Holy Spirit.   AMEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment