Grace To You

Grace to you and peace from God our father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Phil 1:2

Monday, January 10, 2011

Temporary Sanctuary

White Stone Country Inn, Paint Rock, Tn

Oh, my friend, such a pleasant inn,
Source of comfort, warmth and rest,
In your rooms, my heart’s refreshed.

Sheltered in your feathered nest
I am content and long to stay,
But, I know, I must away.

Amidst our earthly days,
An inn is aptly meant to be
A temporary sanctuary.

And that, dear friend, you are to me.
 
Cherel Justice
 
Dedicated to my friend, Betty Rogers.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, yes! My friend, Betty Rogers, is a Pleasant Inn. For 35 years we have been friends and her hospitality exceeds all others. Roses on the bedside table. Breakfast in bed! Making every effort to see that I've been comfortable in her home during visits through the years. This poem is a small tribute to a magnificent and faithful friend. So grateful. I love you, Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you , Thank you. You are a treasured friend,confidant, and have always been a safe place for me. Many times I have entered the "tempory sanctuary" of your friendship to find comfort,peace, and affirmation. I love you. Thank you for your ministry. Betty Rogers

    ReplyDelete