Grace To You

Grace to you and peace from God our father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Phil 1:2

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hide God's Word In Your Heart

Your word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against you.

I have recently been exposed to the thinking of some of those who would belittle God's Word and question its value. This got me to thinking about how important it has been in my life and how much we personally need the Word to survive in this heathen world we live in.

Our society has deteriorated rapidly and drastically since the Ten Commandments and prayer were removed from schools. But, this would not have happened if the Word had been honored and preserved in our homes and our lives. It has obviously been neglected to our personal and national peril and destruction.

Below I have listed a smattering of the scriptures hidden in my heart that minister to me and even preserve me in various life situations. There are many more. With all the new versions of scripture available, it is sometimes hard to keep all the wording precise but I believe it is the message (the wisdom) contained in the Bible that keeps us. 

So, even if you aren't good at remembering the location, don't let that keep you from learning the message. 

Each scripture, when meditated upon, is a sermon about the important issues of life. The more we know and live, the better our lives and influence.  That is true wisdom!

Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that doesn't need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth.

The Word of God is quick and powerful sharper than any two-edged sword... revealing the thoughts and intents of the heart. 

Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, Oh Lord, my strength and my redeemer.

The law of the Lord is perfect converting the soul. The testimonies of the Lord are pure making wise the simple. More to be desired are they then gold, yea than much fine gold. Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Greater is He that is in me than He that is in the world.

By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.

We know that we have passed from death unto life if we have love for the brethren.

This is the greatest commandment. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength and your neighbor as yourself.

Love not in word but in deed.

If any man lacks wisdom, let him ask of God who gives to all men liberally... and it shall be given unto him. But let him ask in faith, not wavering. Let not him who doubts think that he shall receive anything from the Lord for a double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

No man is tempted by God, for God cannot be tempted by evil, neither does He tempt any man. Every man is tempted when he is drawn away by his own lust and enticed. Lust when it has conceived brings forth sin and sin when it is finished brings forth death.

There has no temptation taken you but such as is common to man. But God is faithful, Who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you can handle but will, with the temptation, also provide a way of escape that you may be able to stand it.

All things are lawful unto me but all things are not expedient.
All things are lawful unto me but all things edify not.

Anyone who thinks he knows anything, knows nothing yet as he ought to know.

If everything you have, you received, why then do you boast?

Measuring themselves among themselves, they are not wise.

Love is patient, love is kind...it envies not, is not puffed up, is not easily provoked, keeps no record of wrongs, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never fails. 

...three remain, faith, hope and charity, but the greatest of these is love.

Have you got faith? Have it unto yourself before God.

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restore my soul.
He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His names sake.
Yes, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil.
For You are with me. Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of mine enemies. 
You anoint my head with oil. My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths..

Guard your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life.

"Yea, I have loved you with an everlasting love."

The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God."

It is not God's will that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him and without Him was not anything made that was made.

He was in the world and the world was made by Him and the world knew Him not. He came unto His own and His own received Him not. But to as many as received Him, to them He gave the power to become the sons of God, even to as many as believe on His name.

He has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Jesus said, "You must be born again."

Jesus said, "Unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."

Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life."

Jesus said, "No man comes...unless the Spirit draws Him. And He who comes to me I will in no wise cast out."

Jesus said, "In my Father's house are many mansions. If it were not so I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you and when I come again, I will receive you unto Myself, that where I am you may be also."

For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast.

Jesus said, "Come unto me, all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest."

Have you hidden God's Word in your heart? The time may come when it is the only place you will be able to find it. And, if that time comes,  you will need it more than you need anything else.

I encourage you to be diligent and to hide God's Word in your heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment