Grace To You

Grace to you and peace from God our father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Phil 1:2

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother

Why did your life pass so quickly?
Why did the years hasten by?
If only I could have known then
At thirty eight years you would die.
To you, I’d have given more comfort.
Your desire’d have been my delight.
Nothing for you would have troubled…
Ease your mind, give you rest, with my might.

I was blessed beyond measure to have you
For the short eighteen years you were near.
And, could I roll back the time, gently,
I’d hold you much closer, my dear.
Why is it we always see clearly
Those things that we just didn’t do,
When the time has passed for the doing
And darkness covers the blue?

If I could, I’d have changed your life,
Given you health and more time.
But God had heavenly plans for you
When He took you away in your prime.
I’m sure that you’re happy in life now,
So, regrets for me are but a few.
I wish I’d have shown you much more,
Mother, dear, of my love for you so true.

A Tribute To My Mother

Charlotte Earlene Ridenour

Cherel Justice

No comments:

Post a Comment